Steel roofing is becoming more and more popular. Although it tends to be a more expensive option, steel roofing benefits are worth the investment:
- Life expectancy (when properly installed) can be anywhere between 20 and 50 years, which means metal roofs can last as long as the house itself.
- Survives high winds, seals out water and easily sheds snow
- Resistant to fire, mildew, insects and rot
- Lightweight in comparison to other roofing products
- Available from top manufacturers like Rollex and Edco in a variety of colors and styles
- Easy and rapid installation
- Reflects radiant heat from the sun and may save on energy bills